Friday, July 18, 2008

Taking the Plunge

Please say a prayer for me, or keep me in your thoughts, as I can't even swim...nor can I write...so I hope I don't drown or flop as a blogger. I've toyed with the idea of starting a blog off and on for some time now. Unsure if I have anything worth contributing to the quilting community, or if I even have the ability to communicate without flopping.
I will go for days without turning on the computer, but when I do turn it on I can get lost for hours reading blogs. There are so many creative people out there. And I thank you all for the inspiration and hours of enjoyment that you have provided me with.
S0, what finally made me take the "Plunge" you ask? Linda over at http://all-stitched-up.blogspot.com/ is hosting a bag/bucket swap and I really, really, really want to participate in this swap. Next to applique and handquilting, making bags is one of my most favorite things to do. One of the requirements for this swap, is that you have a blog. Sew...here I am!
More about me and my applique to come in future posts. In the meantime...Thanks for visiting and happy stitching.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. You'll have a blast. The only other thing I need is your colour preference.
Linda

Mar said...

Congrats to you dear friend! You've got a great beginning!!!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Cheryl,
Welcome to blog land and believe me I can't write either. I don't have many stories on my site. Can't wait for the bag exchange.
Bonnie

Vicky said...

Yahoo!!! Congrats, Cheryl, on getting your new blog off to a wonderful start! Hate that I'll miss seeing you in November, but I now I can look forward to your blogging adventures! (Hugs)

MH said...

YOU DID DO IT!!!!
Congrats !
I can't wait to hear all you know , cuz your the best Applique'r I know !

Boopie

Darlene said...

Hey Cheryl - welcome to blogland! I'll be visiting often.

Bon said...

Well, my, my, look who is blogging now!!! Way to go! I've got you in my favorites now so I'll be keeping an eye on you.

I think I need to make another post on my blog. I get sidetracked with other projects and forget about it.

hugs

Marsha said...

I decided to start a blog too just so I could join Linda's swap. Good luck to both of us. Congrats, it looks great.